the 4th sunday of every month, there is a vintage market at pierce college. pierce is about 2 blocks from my apartment. this market is like a big antique hub-bub where you can find the craziest junk. vintage furniture, vinyl records, old clothing, brass pots, stuffed frogs... it's always an interesting time.
we took a break from picking to have some lunch at a food truck called greenz on wheels that was absolutely fantastic. i had a grilled cheese and joe had the largest italian chopped salad i've ever seen. highly recommend this place if you come across it around LA.
*no, i don't have food in my mouth, that's just my cheeks.
the proper way to take the vintage market:
1. bring cash. it's $3 to get in and you never know who does or does not take cards at each stand.
2. wear comfy shoes. you'll be walking and standing a lot.
3. wear sunscreen if you're a pasty girl, even if it's partly cloudy outside so you don't end up with an ugly racerback sunburn on your back...
4. make fun of the taxidermic bugs booth and point out the stuffed frogs playing congas.
5. get rite aid ice cream afterwards. because summer is prime ice cream time and it only comes around for 3 months each year.